Sunday, December 11, 2011

HONEYMOON

Hello Everyone! I am here to share some exciting news with you - I am going on my honeymoon! For those who do not know, I got married June 11th in North Carolina (where I am from originally). We made the decision to have a delayed honeymoon and boy am I glad we did because it took a lot of pressure off of having to plan a vacation on top of a wedding. Well, it only took five months to decide on a location and dates, but now we have them. What this means for the blog is that I will not be here from Dec. 28 - Jan. 10, 2012.


We will be spending our first New Year's Eve in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, followed by a few days in the Port Douglas and Palm Cove are of Queensland. I would love to give you more details, but we just booked all the flights and hotel locations. We will probably plan the activities as we go, but if you have been to these locations or are living there currently please give me ideas of what I must do and see.


Another thing I have seen other book bloggers do, which I thought would be fun to do, was to plan out my honeymoon reads. I have a few review books that are already on my list and now I need to add a few fun reads. So, I need your help by voting on what I should read.


THE CHOICES


Never Let Me Go by Kazua Ishiguro

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

The Enemy by Charlie Higson

The Informationist by Taylor Stevens

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


So those are the choices and now it is up to you to help me pick. If you have one that you read on your honeymoon or one that you read on your beach vacation please feel free to suggest one that is not listed. 


Happy Reading!


Michelle

Tweet This

4 comments:

  1. Happy Honeymoon to you!! :-)

    Unfortunately, I've only read one of the books on your list, which was The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I thought this was a great book (& series) once you really get into the storyline (lots of information in the beginnning to set up the story), but I wouldn't suggest it for honeymoon reading. There is some pretty major, dark stuff that happens in this book. This is not a "fun" read. I would take a much "lighter" read with you :-)

    Hope you have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Honeymoon! *cheers and throws confetti*

    I actually haven't read any of the books on your list. lol And its been a while since I've had a good beach read. My favorites are usually something light and fun, like anything by Sophie Kinsella. I recently read The Future of Us and LOVED it! And my other pick would probably be Carrier of The Mark. It's my fave book of 2011!

    It was so nice to meet you at the blogger party yesterday and thank you so much for the amazing present. I LOVEd it! It was totally me in every way. lol Sorry I had to leave so suddenly, I felt like I was going to lose my lunch, and I did as soon as we made it to the car. :( Hopefully when you get back from your honeymoon I can make it up to you.

    Enjoy every minute of your honeymoon and have a safe trip!
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Honeymoon!

    I always take series when going on vacation---that way I feel like I am traveling with a book family LOL :)

    What? You know I'm weird already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Happy Honeymooning!

    As for the books you listed, I'm going to have to pick The Enemy by Charlie Higson. I say this because I just stumbled across this book a couple of months ago and it's on my January list to read. Soooo...I guess my motives are selfish. I want to read this "with" someone. :)

    Have a blast in Australia!

    ~LiLi

    ReplyDelete