Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I hope that everyone is enjoying time off from work, eating a Christmas meal, and/or spending time with family. Many families have traditions that they stick to every year, so I thought it would be fun to share two of my favorite holiday traditions.


#1 - Opening One Present On Christmas Eve


Growing up, both my husband and I were given the choice to open one present. The fun thing my parents liked to do was let us pick any present from under the tree we wanted to open. My husband's mom gave him two presents to choose from. What they both did though, was try to trick us with the way the wrapped each present. Each year they would get more creative, especially when we would try and shake them to figure out what was in them. It is a tradition that we still keep today.





#2 - Reading " 'Twas The Night Before Christmas" On Christmas Eve


Yes, even as an adult I read this story every Christmas Eve before we go to bed. I think it helps me go to sleep dreaming about Santa landing on our roof and jumping down our non-existing chimney to pepper our living room with amazing presents. 







What are some of you favorite holiday traditions? I really do hope that everyone is celebrating this holiday with family, friends, and pets too. Holidays have this amazing ability to bring together families that do not normally see each other and while our family may be overwhelming at times they are worth every minute we get to spend with them. 

Merry Christmas!

Michelle

Tweet This

2 comments:

  1. I was waiting to see if you'd post anything about the Bookworm Santa, but since you haven't yet - I thought I'd reveal that it was me! :)

    Hope you enjoy!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete