Monday, March 26, 2012

REVIEW: Love Me To Death by Allison Brennan

I read this book because Felicia (The Geeky Blogger) started a book club at Stonebriar Barnes and Noble with DFW Tea Readers and this was one of the book we had to read. Like most people in my life the first part of this year has been non-stop, so I was not able to make it to book club so I thought I would share my thoughts about this book with you. This was my very first Allison Brennan novel and I hate that it has taken me this long to read her books. Thank you Felicia! Love Me To Death was a non-stop page turner and while I hope you read my review the bottom line is I loved this book. It is definitely "O'Boyling" hot!


Title: Love Me To Death


Author: Allison Brennan (Check out her website or follow her on twitter)


Publisher: Ballantine Books


Pages: 481




BOOK BLURB
Six years ago, Lucy Kincaid was attacked and nearly killed by an online predator. She survived. Her attacker did not. Now Lucy's goal is to join the FBI and fight cyber-crime, but in the meantime, she's volunteered with a victim's rights group, surfing the Web undercover to lure sex offenders into the hands of the law. But when the predators she hunts start turning up as murder victims, the FBI takes a whole new interest in Lucy. 
With her future and possibly even her freedom suddenly in jeopardy, Lucy discovers she's a pawn in someone's twisted plot to mete out vigilante justice. She joins forces with security expert and daredevil Sean Rogan, and together they track their elusive quarry from anonymous online chat rooms onto the mean streets of Washinton, D.C. But someone else is shadowing them: A merciless stalker has his savage eye on Lucy. The only way for her to escape his brutality may be another fight to the death. (Taken From Goodreads)

MEET ALLISON BRENNAN



New York Times and USA Today bestseller Allison Brennan is the author of eighteen novels and several short stories. A former consultant in the California State Legislature, she lives in Northern California with her husband Dan and their five children. Crime fiction, mysteries, and romantic suspense have always been Allison's favorites, so it's no surprise that her romantic thrillers have a dark suspense edge. Writing three books a year is more than a full-time job, and so is raising five kids, but Allison believes life is too show to be bored. When she's not writing, she's reading, playing video games, watching old movies or new television shows, driving to or attending volleyball/ basketball/ football/ soccer games, and on occasion even makes it to the gym where she enjoys people-watching more than exercise. (Taken from Brennan's website
MY REVIEW
This novel kept me guessing right up to the end. It was refreshing to not know who the bad guy was immediately. Brennan gave you plenty of time to suspect all the wrong people. When we come into the story Lucy Kincaid has already survived so much that you know she is going to be a kick-A character. Her love interest, Sean Rogan, is complete man candy and worthy of joining my potential book boyfriends list. I would definitely pull out some lady claws to claim him as my own. All the characters are so well developed, even the minor background ones. The story just flowed for me. A definite cannot put down book. It was a book version of Law and Order SVU, which is one of my favorite shows.

My Rating: 5 Stars

Please go out and pick up this book. You will not be disappointed. Come back and tell me all about what you thought about it. If you are a huge fan of Allison Brennan then I would love to know which book is your favorite. Also, if you are in the DFW area and want a book club to join filled with lots of amazing people let me know. I will get you set up. Let's get this chat started.


Happy Reading!


Michelle

Tweet This

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds fascinating! It's going on my wishlist now.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT WOOT! I totally agree about A.B.'s writing--she totally rocks the casbah :) You are totally forgiven for not making book club---we do miss you but heck I have missed the other book clubs. Life does get a wee bit crazy at times :)

    ReplyDelete